Georgetown Lombardi Raises Over $56,000 During breast Cancer Awareness Month
October 31, 2013
October, otherwise known as Breast Cancer Awareness Month, is always a prime time for Georgetown Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center to showcase its commitment to breast cancer research, screening, and prevention.
During October, Georgetown Lombardi partnered with various businesses and organizations to raise over $56,000 to support breast cancer awareness. While these eight third-party events ranged from dance exhibitions, happy hours, and teacher talent shows, the events shared a common passion to ensure that Georgetown Lombardi can continue its fight against breast cancer.
"To see the outpouring of support to Georgetown Breast Cancer Programs this month has been inspiring,” said Dorothy Jean Abernathy, Assistant Director of Development for Georgetown Lombardi. “Men, women and children banning together to support women they are unlikely to ever meet touches the heart, and I am grateful to be in a position to make that happen."
Georgetown Lombardi is proud to have teamed up with the events’ organizers to build and strengthen the community ties necessary to support breast cancer research, screening, and prevention for women in the Washington metropolitan area and beyond.
If you are interested in hosting a third party event, please contact Dorothy Jean Abernathy at email@example.com or (202) 687-1377.
October Third Party Events
• Beauty and The Cure – Luigi Parasmo Hair Salon
• Buck Breast Cancer – International Horse Show
• Coed Baseball Battles Cancer – Eastern Women’s Baseball Conference/ The 10 for 10 Foundation
• Dance for The Cure – Unique Foundation
• Donation: 10% of Proceeds from Blowouts in October – Isabelle Okyo Salon
• Power of Pink – Co-Chairs; Karen Leder and Shelly Galli
• Save the Pumpkins – Good4DC
• WEDJ’s Got Talent – William E. Doar Jr., Public Charter School for the Performing Arts
***Third party events occur year round, check out Movember, an event to support the Prostate Cancer Center at Georgetown Lombardi***